The Role: Facilities Manager at Uncommon Church
Uncommon Church Affiliation: Non-Denominational, Spirit Filled
Weekly Attendance: 400
Location: Euless, TX (DFW Metroplex)
About Uncommon: Uncommon Church was founded in 1999. Our founding pastor retired in 2010, when Brad and Josie Carignan moved to DFW to assume the role of Lead Pastors. Since 2010 Uncommon slowly grew and moved between three different buildings until 2017 when we purchased our current campus.
Uncommon is a diverse, spirit-filled church where all are welcome. We are a unique combination of 'church styles' as we are both presence driven and cater to unbelievers. Our vision is to help people KNOW God, GROW Strong in their faith, and DO what God has called them to do. KNOW, GROW, DO.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Facilities Manager is responsible for assisting Uncommon Church in overseeing and maintaining cleanliness, mechanics, and the structure of the building and grounds and to make the church property ready for use. This position will report directly to the Executive Administrator.
The Facilities Manager Will:
- Maintain building (interior and exterior) and grounds on a regular basis to present a neat, clean, inviting environment for staff, members and guests.
- Determine and maintain a work list of both the ongoing and special repair and cleaning needs.
- Work with the church to create and maintain a preventative maintenance schedule. Assist staff with long range facility planning.
- Carry out minor building repairs and minor maintenance projects. When needed, represent the pastoral staff in dealing with vendors and contractors in information exchange, collecting bids, coordinating work, and tracking successful completion.
- Maintain records of supplies, suppliers, equipment, service contracts and vendors used by the church. Orders custodial and maintenance supplies as necessary.
- Set up before and clean up/reset after building activities, per the master calendar, in keeping with facility use requests.
- Being on call for any alarms going off or other facilities-related issues and emergencies
- Assign duties and supervise part-time custodial help and volunteers (when applicable)
- Assist in the creation and management of the building maintenance budget lines
- Knowledge of current trends in property management, maintenance, and mechanical issues. Knowledge of the use, care, and operation of tools and equipment (automatic and manual) necessary to maintain properties and grounds and ability to operate.
WHAT YOU BRING
Education & Experience:
- High school education or equivalent
- Maintenance/custodial experience preferred
- Understand basic maintenance equipment usage
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Creating and implementing new systems for department
- Demonstrate leadership ability and initiative skills
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Ability to climb and work on a ladder
- Bending at waist, sitting, kneeling, crouching as job may require
- Ability to work outdoors and in hot and cold temperatures.
- Taking on new tasks and learning new techniques.
- Irregular job demands as situations arise
- Maintain composure under stressful situations.