MEDIA ARTS DIRECTOR
The Role: Media Arts Director at Uncommon Church
Uncommon Church Affiliation: Non-Denominational, Spirit Filled
Weekly Attendance: 400-500
Location: Euless, TX (DFW Metroplex)
About Uncommon: Uncommon Church was founded in 1999. Our founding pastor retired in 2010, when Brad and Josie Carignan moved to DFW to assume the role of Lead Pastors. Since 2011 Uncommon slowly grew and moved between three different buildings until 2017 when we purchased our current campus.
Uncommon is a diverse, spirit-filled church where all are welcome. We are a unique combination of 'church styles' as we are both presence driven and cater to unbelievers. Our vision is to help people KNOW God, GROW Strong in their faith, and DO what God has called them to do. KNOW, GROW, DO.
Uncommon Church Media Arts Director is a ministry leader. This person will be
responsible for graphic design, design and management of the Uncommon Church
website, developing marketing strategy for Uncommon Church in coordination with
the Social Media Coordinator, various video and photo shoots throughout the
week, and video editing. The Media Arts Director leads the Media Dream Team of
The Media Arts Director is a heavy preparation
position while overseeing volunteers during services. The Media Arts Director
will schedule and lead the Media Dream Team of volunteers. A “pastor” of the Media
volunteers. In addition, the Media Arts Director will edit sermon videos
post-service and upload to Uncommon Church’s website and YouTube and podcast
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Schedule multiple services in Planning Center (Layout Month, send and check weekly)
- Maintain the Uncommon Church website, including updating Media page weekly and Events page regularly.
- Use of Adobe Suite to create graphics for upcoming events, social media, and additional graphics as needed.
- Use of Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere to edit video (promo videos, Sunday sermons, pre-recorded services, etc.)
- Shoot and edit weekly announcement videos
- Train, integrate, and develop new members into the media team
- Continued investment into media volunteer team (Leadership development, interpersonal relations, community bonding, encouragement etc.)
- Coordinate with vendors to facilitate print orders (signs, merch, banners, etc.)
- Occasional driving necessary (up to 30 miles) to pick up print orders
Uncommon Church-Wide Responsibilities
- Model Uncommon’s core values and beliefs; communicate openly and effectively within and across departments/Dream Teams. Establish and maintain professional communication and ensure all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful (See UC Handbook).
- Utilize effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly both internally and publicly.
- Demonstrate the initiative and willingness to serve, in and outside of your departments.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of your department/Dream Team.
- Represent UC and the Body of Christ in our church and community (sharing the Gospel, invite people to church, etc.).
- Learn to use scheduling tool (Planning Center) as necessary.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Regularly attend weekend services and special events. Must attend Prayer service at least once a month.
- Complete Growth Track and Freedom Track.
- Comply with all policies, values, procedures, requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Media Arts Director oversees the Media Dream Team on Sundays and special events. The team typically consists of 1-2 photographers and a videographer.
Hours (40+ hours)
- Monday: 9am – 5pm (meal + 7.5 hours)
- Tuesday: 9am – 5pm (meal + 7.5 hours)
- Wednesday: 9am – 5pm (meal + 7.5 hours)
- Thursday: 9am – 5pm (meal + 7.5 hours)
- Friday: N/A (Flex for special events)
- Saturday: N/A (Flex for special events)
- Sunday: 8:45am – 4:45pm (meal + 7.5 hours)
- Associates Degree or greater
- Basic knowledge of fundamentals in graphic design
- Knowledge of basics in Adobe Suite
- Basic knowledge in web development and coding terminology
- Intermediate knowledge and skills in photography/videography preferred
- Multi-media work
- Clean Police Background Check
- Irregular hours as needed
- Spiritual leadership of team of volunteers
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Long hours in solitude
- Ability to collaborate with others