The Role: Tech Director at Uncommon Church
Uncommon Church Affiliation: Non-Denominational, Spirit Filled
Weekly Attendance: 400-500
Location: Euless, TX (DFW Metroplex)
About Uncommon: Uncommon Church was founded in 1999. Our founding pastor retired in 2010, when Brad and Josie Carignan moved to DFW to assume the role of Lead Pastors. Since 2011 Uncommon slowly grew and moved between three different buildings until 2017 when we purchased our current campus.
Uncommon is a diverse, spirit-filled church where all are welcome. We are a unique combination of 'church styles' as we are both presence driven and cater to unbelievers. Our vision is to help people KNOW God, GROW Strong in their faith, and DO what God has called them to do. KNOW, GROW, DO.
Uncommon Church Tech Director is a ministry leader. The TD will be responsible
for audio, video, lighting, media reinforcement for all church gatherings. From
small prayer services, to large off campus conferences. The TD leads the tech
team of volunteers.
Directing is a heavy preparation position while overseeing multiple positions
during services. The TD will schedule and lead the Tech Dream Team of volunteers.
A “pastor” of the tech volunteers. In addition, the TD will prepare for and
lead all technical aspects of all services for the church.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Schedule multiple services (Layout Month, send and check weekly)
- Prepare the template layouts for upcoming services
- Tech Dir. service (Sunday Morning, Wednesday Night Prayer, Special Events, Worship Track, etc.)
- Train, integrate, and develop new members into the tech team
- Large scale projects: stage redesign, extended cable runs, repositioning of equipment, etc.
- Continued investment into technical production volunteer team (Leadership development, interpersonal relations, community bonding, encouragement etc.)
- Development of new models for production (media layout, lighting placement, etc.)
Uncommon Church-Wide Responsibilities
- Model Uncommon’s core values and beliefs; communicate openly and effectively within and across departments/Dream Teams. Establish and maintain professional communication and ensure all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful (See UC Handbook).
- Utilize effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly both internally and publicly.
- Demonstrate the initiative and willingness to serve, in and outside of your departments.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of your department/Dream Team.
- Represent UC and the Body of Christ in our church and community (sharing the Gospel, invite people to church, etc.).
- Learn to use scheduling tool (Planning Center) as necessary.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Regularly attend weekend services and special events. Must attend Prayer service at least once a month.
- Complete Growth Track and Freedom Track.
- Comply with all policies, values, procedures, requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Tech Director oversees multiple positions during service. Audio, lighting, video, media.
Hours (40+ hours)
- Monday: 9am – 5pm (meal + 7 hours)
- Tuesday: 9am – 9pm (meal + 11 hours)
- Wednesday: 1pm – 9pm (meal + 7 hours)
- Thursday: 9am – 5pm (meal + 7 hours)
- Friday: N/A (Flex for special events)
- Saturday: N/A (Flex for special events)
- Sunday: 6am – 1pm (7 hours)
- Associates Degree or greater
- Basic information of fundamentals in AV production
- Development in sound reinforcement
- Knowledge in basic DMX lighting
- Multi-media work
- Multi Camera Directing and Operation
- Clean Police Background Check
- Irregular hours
- Spiritual leadership of team of volunteers
- Lifts up to 40lbs.
- Working in tight spaces (under stages, closets, etc.)
- Carry/climbing large ladders
- Working in high ceilings (18’)
- Long hours in solitude