The Role: Worship Pastor at Uncommon Church
Uncommon Church Affiliation: Non-Denominational, Spirit Filled
Weekly Attendance: 400-500
Location: Euless, TX (DFW Metroplex)
About Uncommon: Uncommon Church was founded in 1999. Our founding pastor retired in 2010, when Brad and Josie Carignan moved to DFW to assume the role of Lead Pastors. Since 2011 Uncommon slowly grew and moved between three different buildings until 2017 when we purchased our current campus.
Uncommon is a diverse, spirit-filled church where all are welcome. We are a unique combination of 'church styles' as we are both presence driven and cater to unbelievers. Our vision is to help people KNOW God, GROW Strong in their faith, and DO what God has called them to do. KNOW, GROW, DO.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of Worship Pastor at Uncommon Church is to support Uncommon's "win" and culture by maximizing the effectiveness of each service through music, leading people to an encounter with Jesus, cultivating an atmosphere and culture of worship, while bringing glory to God, leading, shepherding and developing worship teams, overseeing all aspects of planning and execution in order to stay musically in line with the process of the ministry, communicating effectively with worship team volunteers and other volunteers/ministries that support and align with the worship ministry and by developing new systems and structures to continually develop musicianship, spirituality and community within the team.
The Worship Pastor Will:
- Create set lists and set schedule for weekly services and special events/services and various other data entry/worship team specific administrative duties (including annual department budget)
- Create and maintain curriculum and structure for Worship Track and other development programs
- Run or delegate Worship Track development program each week as well as worship services (both vocal and musical) alongside the Worship Development Director
- Oversee Community Nights once a month (planning, invites, food, activities, service scheduling, speaking - music theory lessons, culture lessons, and/or spiritual lessons), auditions, and attend Growth Track 3 for recruitment
- Head up creative team and process for special worship services (Christmas, Easter, etc.)
- Pursue personal/spiritual/musical development
- Develop the weekly worship set music tracks. (transitions, dynamics, keys, etc.)
- Coordinate with Dream Team leaders to enhance worship experience (Tech Director, Ushers leader, etc.)
- Pastor the worship team - meet with members, make sure spiritual/musical growth is taking place. Reach out weekly to each member to encourage and pray for/with them.
- Model Uncommon's core values and beliefs; communicate openly and effectively within and across departments/Dream Teams. Establish and maintain professional communication and ensure all interactions are supportive, courteous and respectful
- Utilize effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly both internally and publicly
- Demonstrate the initiative and willingness to serve, in and outside of your department
- Maintain accurate and complete records of your department/Dream Team
- Represent UC and the Body of Christ in our church and community (sharing the Gospel, invite people to church, etc.)
- Learn to use scheduling tools as necessary
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Regularly attend weekend services and special events. Must attend Presence & Prayer service at least once a month.
- Complete Growth Track. Complete Freedom Track. Serve on a Dream Team.
- Comply with all policies, values, procedures, requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Music Director (Volunteer)
- Worship Development Director (Part time staff)
- Tech Director
- Worship Dream Team
WHAT YOU BRING
Education & Experience:
- High school education or equivalent
- Some college preferred
- Ministry training school preferred
- At least two years of worship team experience
- At least a year in a leadership role
- Basic music theory training experience
- Proficient vocally and/or on an instrument
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to create and implement new systems and structures for department development
- Proficient in Planning Center Services, Multitracks, Mainstage, Keyscape, Ableton Live
- Demonstrate leadership ability and initiative skills
- Valid US driver's license
- Pass police background check
- Spirit Filled (prays in other tongues)
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Taking on new tasks and learning/implementing new techniques
- Irregular job demands as situations arise
- Maintain composure under stressful situations
- Occasional irregular hours